LUSH: SKIN DRINK & FRESH FARMACY

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Since I was 12 I've been dealing with acne. I have so many acne scars now it's borderline gross. When I was 16 I went to my doctor and was put on birth control and my skin has never been so clear. I still have blackheads galore, and always have at least one pimple, but I was used to 15 at once so this was incredible for me. 

Now, thanks to birth control (yay) I don't deal with a lot of spots, and I'm not really oily, but my skin is dry and the moisturizer I was using wasn't cutting it. I was overproducing oil and I could just feel it building up in my t-zone. So I went to Lush in search of Skin Drink moisturizer and decided to pick up the Fresh Farmacy cleanser as well.
Skin Drink is filled with goodies like sesame seed oil, rose petal extract, avocado and aloe vera. The word "rich" drew me to this moisturizer and I'm so glad I picked it because it's amazing! It's done wonders for my skin. It does look greasy when you first put it on, but that oily look fades as it sinks into your skin and it gives you a dewy glow underneath makeup. Fair warning though, it does not smell pleasant. The scent fades, but when you're applying it don't expect it to smell like unicorns and rainbows because it smells more like dirt and earthworms.  
You know when I said my skin was dry earlier? Fresh Farmacy escalated that. I gave this cleanser a fair try, and it doesn't really do anything for my skin except make it drier than it's ever felt in my life. I felt like if I smiled my face would crack. It's really ironic because it has "chamomile extract to calm, rose and lavender to soothe dry patches and tea tree to clear up any blemishes" according to their website. I should have read the reviews first and made a note of the fact that 70+ people said it was drying. Two thumbs down from me.
I'm a little annoyed that I can't buy Skin Drink in bulk, because the closest Lush store is half an hour away from me. I guess that's the price you pay for preservative free products!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form