GETTING INTO THE HALLOWEEN SPIRIT

Saturday, October 31, 2015

It doesn't take much to get me into the spirit of Halloween considering this is my favourite holiday. I love fall, pumpkin spice, and everything spooky. The best way to get excited about the best day of the year is by watching Halloween themed movies, so I've comprised a list of my favourites.


Beetlejuice

If you're an adult and you've never seen Beetlejuice I really don't know what you've been doing you're whole life. It's weird, creepy and charming and who doesn't like a little bit of late 80's Alec Baldwin am I right? If you've never seen it you better watch it soon because it was confirmed that there will be a sequel!

Hocus Pocus

Now this is a classic, and for good reason. I'd never actually watched this when I was growing up so the first time I saw it was a couple years ago and it's been a Halloween tradition ever since. A trio of evil sister witches is brought back to life after a virgin lights a candle in their home and tried to repay the favour by eating them. Kathy Najimy is so funny in it you should watch it for her alone.

Halloweentown

I cannot go through October without watching this one. It's about this girl Marnie who finds out she's a witch and goes to Halloweentown with her grandmother where there's ghosts and ghouls just living their lives. Growing up watching this movie made me so disappointed that I didn't get magical powers on my 13th birthday.

Twitches

I LOVED this one when I was growing up. Two twin sisters who were separated at birth reunite on their 21st birthday to discover they're witches and have to use their powers to fight the forces of darkness. Tamera and Tia Mowry are amazing in everything they do and this movie is no exception.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form