MY FAVOURITE SMARTPHONE APPS

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Just like everyone else, I'm obsessed with my phone. Now there's apps that can make your life easier or apps like Candy Crush that you play in bed and before you know it it's an hour later and you hate yourself for skipping that extra hour of sleep you could have had. My favourite apps are the first kind.

phone is HTC One M7

1. Aqualert 

Aqualert is an app for tracking your water intake. I read an article about the effect of drinking three litres of water a day had on a British woman and it convinced me I needed to drink more. Since I've been keeping track I've only ever hit my goal of 100 oz a few times (which is pretty sad) but I still drink more than I used to and I definitely notice a difference.


2. VSCO Cam

This is a very popular one and for good reason. I love love love this app! I love that I'm able to adjust the highlights and shadows on my photos and the filters are nice, and there's other filters you can buy but I've never done that. I really like how I can control how much of a filter is on the photo because I rarely ever use them to their full capacity. It's the only app I use to edit my photos and I always edit my photos! A lot of the time I just adjust the brightness, shadows and highlights, exposure, and sharpness.

3.  Transit

This is a must if you take public transportation! I downloaded it initially because I always get lost whenever I go to Toronto and it has a trip planner option and has information for the subway, ttc, streetcars and the trains. They also have a 'nearby' option where it'll give you a list of all the buses coming near you so I always use it to check bus times when I'm going anywhere.

iTunes


4. Zomato

This app is like Yelp but so much better. It uses your location to tell you what restaurants are near you and you can search for a specific type of cuisine or, for me, I use it a lot to look for vegetarian friendly places. You can refine your search by price, distance, popularity, gluten free, patio seating etc. Along with reviews, you can usually find photos of the menu so you know before even venturing out there if there's anything you're interested in right in the app.

Googleplay
iTunes

5. Spotify

First of all, it took Spotify for-freaking-ever to become available in Canada and for that I'm a little resentful but it has quickly become one of my favourite apps. It's so much easier to discover new music using this than what I used to do, which is just go off the suggested videos off of YouTube. On Spotify you can listen to full albums for free (a premium version is available) instead of looking it up on iTunes and getting a 30 second clip. One downside is that you can only listen while connected to the internet. So if you're not home, you'll have to use your data.

Googleplay
iTunes

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form