REVIEW: YOUNIQUE 3D FIBER LASHES MASCARA

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

My mom actually ordered this mascara and I had no idea about the hype around this product. I know that it's gross to share mascaras or any kind of eye products really BUT I don't bring this product close enough to my eye to get any eye goopy grossness on the wand. I use it from halfway up my eyelashes through to the ends, or else the fibers get in your eye and yes I've done it and yes it was very uncomfortable and I ruined my makeup crying and struggling to get it out.


The way to use this duo is that you put on your regular mascara, and then the transplanting gel and immediately use the fibers and then seal them in with the gel again. You can use it as many times as you want, as long as you make sure to seal the fibers in. 


I always buy volumising mascaras. I'm a big fan of thick lashes but I don't use false lashes (they intimidate me) so I'm always on the hunt for a good mascara. I found that this one does make my lashes look fuller, more voluminous, and longer. I get compliments on my eyelashes almost every time I wear this product, with a lot of people thinking I'm naturally born with a garden blooming out of my eyes. 

 L'oreal Butterfly Mascara (Don't mind my eyebrows, or redness in my skin I wasn't wearing foundation or anything)
Three coats of the Younique 3D Mascara

There are downsides though. I found that even if I liberally applied the transplanting gel, the fibers always fell under my eyes. There wasn't a lot, but enough to annoy the crap out of me and my concealer. It's also a little difficult to remove. On the website it says that this product is easily removed with their Shine Eye Makeup Remover. Sure it's probably for marketing purposes but hey maybe it's true. 

Overall, I do like this mascara and recommend it to anyone who thoroughly enjoys full fluttery lashes (which is everyone come on) but the price is pretty steep. I don't know about you but $30 for a mascara sounds a whole lot like selling someone your first born child considering they only last, what, three months? To each their own. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form