REVIEW: MAC FACE AND BODY FOUNDATION

Monday, March 02, 2015

I've been struggling to find a foundation that works for me for a long time. I have combination skin, so I need something that won't fade from my t-zone where I am the oiliest, but won't accentuate my dry areas. That is proving to be quite difficult.

I went to my closest Mac to see if they could help me out. At first, they matched me to the Matchmaster foundation, and she tried it on me so I liked it so I bought it. Once I started using it at home though I noticed that after a few hours is would suck up all the oil in my t-zone and settle into my pores, leaving it looking patchy and dry. Upon returning it, I picked up the Face and Body foundation. 


I have the shade N1 but it's still too dark for me. I am extremely fair, being a redhead and all, but I decided that if I really liked it I could make it work. 


I tried applying it with my fingers, a sponge, and brushes but in the picture I applied it with my Real Techniques stippling brush and blended it out more at the end with the buffing brush.


This foundation gives I would say a light coverage. A lot of people say you could build it up to a medium but I just find I am using so much product to try and get there and it just was not really happening for me. The texture is quite watery at first and but once you start buffing it in it begins to do this weird thing where it stops being watery and becomes kind of tacky and that is when the magic is happening right before your eyes. 

It does a good job of evening out my skintone, though I would chuck on some concealer around my nose and chin. I think this is a good foundation for somebody who has relatively "good" skin, and I found that since I have an oily t-zone it doesn't look luminous there it just looks greasy because of the extra oil, but I also couldn't get any of my primers to work with it and if I powdered too much it started to build up and look cakey. 

Overall, I think it's a good foundation. It gives you a lovely luminous finish and looks very natural. It's also on the cheaper end of the Mac spectrum at $32. I would recommend it to people with normal, dry and slightly oily skin. I wish this would have worked out for me because it has such a nice finish! But who knows, maybe I am applying it wrong and there is a secret technique I am not clued in on.















You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form