MY FAVOURITE LIPSTICKS

Monday, March 23, 2015

I'm a lipstick junkie. It's my favourite makeup product. Even if I owned 100 of them I'd convince myself I needed more. Thankfully my collection isn't that large...yet.

I am a big fan of dark lipstick and I will wear it year round. I'm not into those rules about only wearing bright shades in the summer and dark shades in the winter. I also don't abide by the "rule" that you can't wear dark lips during the day. Basically,  you should just do whatever you want.
Let's start this post off right with the darkest lipstick of the bunch, Bold Bordeaux by L'oreal. It's a cool dark red with a little bit of burgundy. This lipstick is creamy and semi-matte and has great lasting power and pigmentation. I think it's absolutely beautiful, and I was on the hunt for a dark burgundy red for months when I came across this and I'm so glad I did.

I adore red lipstick. If I had to choose one shade of lipstick to wear for the rest of my life, it would be red. Now, with that being said, writing this post I realise I don't own a lot of red lipsticks and that really needs to change. This one is called On Fire Red by Maybelline and it's a part of their Colour Sensational Vivids collection, meaning it's a bright, in your face red. It's very comfortable to wear because of it's glossy finish and it has amazing pigmentation. This shade is not for anyone who's shy about their makeup.


Julianne's Nude by L'oreal is the newest to my collection. I've talked about it before so I won't go into too much detail but this is a great my lips but better shade. It's a little more sheer than I'd like but if I layer it a bit it makes it more opaque. I love that it's a pinky peach colour, I don't have anything like it and it's opened my world up to slightly warmer lip shades.


I've owned Berry Smoothie by Revlon for years. I used to wear it a lot in high school because it felt just like a lip balm but it had colour so it brightened up my face. It's a medium pink shade with red undertones and a barely noticeable amount of shimmer running through it. It's very versatile and would be flattering on a lot of skin tones.

Last but not least, my favourite Mac lipstick, Rebel. I'm sure you all know this one, but just in case you don't, it's a beautiful midtone plum with pink undertones and a satin finish. It's creamy and easy to apply, and you can layer it up to get a darker colour (which I usually do) or you can put a thin layer on and it really showcases the pink undertones.
Left to right: Bold Bordeaux, On Fire Red, Julianne's Nude, Berry Smoothie, Rebel

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form