MY FAVOURITE HEALTHY SNACK

Monday, September 07, 2015

To be completely honest I've never really been passionate about eating healthy and working out. I'm very laid back with those things, but I'm mentioning it to make sure you understand this is not one of those posts with healthy snack food options that are disgusting once you try them yourself.

I'd never tried chickpeas before I became pescetarian but since then it's really helped me to get that protein I cut out. Chickpeas (garbanzo beans) are also packed full of fiber, iron, vitamin B-6, and magnesium. These little beans are great for weight control because the combination of fiber, protein, and their low glycemic index help keep you feeling full. Studies also show that chickpeas lower your risk of heart attack.


So not only are these great for you, but this snack is so easy to make! All you need is a can of chickpeas (I used a 19 oz), 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tbsp cumin, 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and salt to taste. All you need to do is rinse the chickpeas, mix the spices together, let the olive oil heat up in a frying pan and once it's hot pop them all in there and fry them. I like to do it for about 10 or so minutes but you can use less olive oil and do them for less. But that's it, you're done! I've been making these every other day I'm obsessed!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Chickpeas are delicious! This one looks like a really healthy snack :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form