OSCARS: MY FAVOURITE LOOKS

Monday, February 23, 2015

The Oscars is one of, if not the most, important award show of the year. I love award season because I love seeing all the gowns, especially if they are catastrophes *cough, Lady Gaga*. But all jokes aside, here are my favourite looks from the 2015 Oscars.

Carmen Ejongo

Photograph: Jason Merritt/Getty Images
 dress by Houghton
Admittedly, I had no idea who she was when I saw her walking the red carpet, but the Selma actress wowed in a sequined number by Houghton with a gorgeous necklace and deep lipstick. I just love the simplicity of this gown and the contrasting lip shade.

Margot Robbie

Photographs: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP        Jason Merritt/Getty Images

I mean, do I even need an explanation? I am so utterly and completely enamored by this look. I love black, I love the plunging neckline, I love the sleeves, I love the makeup...She just...I am at a loss for words...bravo Ms. Robbie.

Zoe Saldana

Photograph: Jason Merritt/Getty Images

Can I just say what literally everyone else in the world is saying about her? This woman had twins three months ago. Alright now that that's out of the way, I love this dress! I think this pink Atelier Versace gown compliments her skin tone and curves beautifully. I love the wrapping and the draping and the neckline and just, everything, basically.

Jennifer Lopez

Photograph: Jason Merritt/Getty Images

A lot of people were on the fence about this one and I don't know why! Even my mom hated it. I don't know why I think it's beautiful. Although I also think everything Elie Saab makes is beautiful so maybe I'm a little bias. I would have did her makeup a little differently but hey, I'll leave that to the pros.

Emma Stone

Photograph: Getty Images

If you know anything about me, it's probably that I love Emma Stone. I love her style and the way she does her make up and hair and it just makes it that much better when we have the same face shape, skin tone, hair colour (even though hers is unnatural you would never guess!) and we both have hooded eyelids so I'm always looking to her during any trend. Now, admiration rant over, I was a little iffy when I first saw this gown but now I absolutely adore it. Like I said, I think everything Elie Saab does is beautiful. Her whole look is lovely, I love seeing her on red carpets.

Chrissy Teigen

Photograph: Getty Images

I know the rule of thumb is to go for either the plunging neckline or the thigh slit but come one! Chrissy Teigen makes it look so good! Can you tell she is a Sports Illustrated model? Look at that leg. Her hair and makeup compliments the gown nicely, I love her simple shoes and dark nails. And somehow the belt isn't too much. Pure elegance coming from this gorgeous woman.


And that's a wrap! There were more looks I liked from this year's red carpet like Reese Witherspoon and Meryl Streep but these were my absolute favourites! 








You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. love love this post! The Oscars fashion this year was amazing..Emma Stone looks gorgeous and so does Zoe...there were so many best dresses in the red carpet and I love the ones you chose :) <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

Contact Form